After my success with the skirt I was keen to try more dressmaking. I found a free pattern online for shorts which I decided would make nice PJ shorts. I have a bag of old shirts that my Grandpa recently gave me that I thought would upcycle nicely as my shorts material.
I unpicked the back panel off too coordinating shirts and worked out I could get one front and one back shorts piece from each. I found some complimentary binding at a local haberdashery and set to work.
The pattern and online guidance was easy to follow and the only ‘errors’ I made were to make the elastic at the waist too large (should have tried on before sewing the waist closed) and cutting them too large. But they are just for wearing to bed and they are very comfy.